In a week where family has seemingly, unprecedently, worked my last nerve, I didn’t have to wonder what was wrong with them. I wondered “What are they trying to teach me? What am I supposed to learn from this behavior other than to NOT exhibit this type of behavior? What is this saying about me? What do you want me to do about these conflicts and conflicts of interests?”
And not to mention, I spilled tea (talked too much) to someone I KNOW my spirit was saying, “No. Not this one. This one doesn’t understand where you are coming from. This one is a narcist. No, not this one.” BUT…I just had to vent to someone that would listen.
Here’s my take on WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING ME?
- Listen to your spirit. If you vent to a person that doesn’t KNOW you, UNDERSTAND your heart, your ways, you will get NOTHING from it. You may get judgement. You will be misunderstood. It’s like apples venting to lemons. You get nothing.
- Be honest! But express it with modesty. Be gentle with those that admire you and respect you.
- Be fair and reject unfairness towards you BOLDLY. Be bold with those that HAD THE NERVE to try to get “over” on you. BOLD REJECTION. A BOLD NO THANK YOU.
- Remember who you are dealing with and deal with them accordingly. Were you expecting someone different? Why? They have NOT indicated to you (by actions) they have changed just because you have changed. You are growing and there are some around you that are NOT. They are stagnant. Everyone is NOT growing and they CHOOSE not to grow. The view of those that do not change stays the same. The view of those that grow changes.
- THESE THINGS HAVE HAPPENED FOR YOUR RESET. It hurts to not feel like family. It hurts to feel unappreciated. It’s lonely to be the one that tries to be fair and only to be treated unfairly and unjustly. It’s hard being an outsider with folks you are all inclusive with. Well, it’s time for a RESET. You can’t move forward with all of those things tugging at your garments. You can’t move forward with a chain around your ankle. Dragging these things around as you try to reach your destiny. RESET. I pray God RESETS your MINDSET. REARRANGES your THINKING about how people and how you allow people to treat you and affect your emotions. I pray you SEE them from the advantage point of GROWTH on your part.
“The view of those that do not change stays the same. The view of those that grow changes. You will not see eye to eye until their eyes are opened.” -Nicole Jackson