So, I’m taking this 5-day FREE class on Millionaire Frequency and it’s about an hour and a half long each day. The question was asked, “What are your limiting beliefs surrounding money, wealth, and success?” I immediately said, “I have none” and then I said “None that I know of”. Well, let me tell you, that was a lie. I clearly heard the Spirit say, “Yes, you do.” And as I tuned back into what the man was saying, he mentioned to look at where you are, how you go there, and where you want to go. He talked about looking at your accounts and your spending and saving habits.
Well, when you explain it that way, I can see how I may have some limiting beliefs. He said to take some time and to really think about it. I did. There were instructions to write them out, examine them, and to tear them up as a physical sign to get rid of them. I wrote them down but I have not torn them apart because I want to examine them. I’ll get rid of them in a few days. I’ve been afraid of success and shared that. I thought I’d gotten rid of it but, it’s still showing up. I also found out or was reminding in this class that the old paradigm, way of thinking, programming, is very difficult to get rid of and it can only be rid by repetition and the planting of new thoughts. Did I mention this course has many spiritual elements?
Here are SOME of my limiting beliefs about money, success, or wealth. I am not ashamed to let you know. Maybe I should be but, I am going to share anyway!
- Deep down inside, I fear it’s too late to talk about retirement savings because I am in my late 40’s. I didn’t prepare.
- If only I had gone after my true dream and not let my parent stop me. I would be happy, successful, and living my dream.
- I’m single. I don’t have a husband to financially support me as I go after my dreams and goals.
- I am afraid that if I become wealthy, I will lose it. Something will happen and all of my money will be gone. Somehow, I will lose it all. (This is the root cause of fear of success for me and others. This thought of the inability to maintain wealth or status)
- I’ve missed my time
Now, these are some of the thoughts, old paradigms, programming that pop up in my mind and cause friction between me getting to where I want to be financially. However, I am committed to my goals and dreams. Here are some of my new thoughts, programming, paradigm. You are in control of your thoughts. You can change what you think. Change your thinking, change your life.
- Age is nothing but a number. It’s never too late to become a millionaire or to save, invest, or all three
- No one is stopping me now. I can dream new dreams and set new goals. I have. I will.
- I have no husband? God is my provider. I’ve been providing for myself and my daughter. What am I talking about here? Such a flaky excuse.
- If I can become wealthy, I can hire the right accountant to help me manage my money. I will not lose my money. I have grown so much and become much more financially conscious. My habits are changing.
What about you? Do you have limiting beliefs? Maybe you, too, are unaware of them. I hope you can take them and replace them with new thoughts and beliefs. This way you can begin to form new habits and patterns to help you financially…and spiritually.
3 thoughts on “Sunday Morning Coffee Musings: My Limiting Beliefs Surrounding Money”
Very nice. I think you hit on something about limiting beliefs. Most of us don’t realize we have them. We hit those barriers without recognizing it’s our own bad thinking that’s holding us back. Self-inventory regularly is crucial to determine what those limiting beliefs are. Thanks for this great post. 👍🏽
Yes. I immediately said I have none but on further introspection, I had quite a few. It requires us to dig deep and to be honest.
I am afraid of success and failure. It keeps in a state of hovering between success and failure. I used to think it helped me be on top of my game. Instead it makes me ready to explode sometimes.