I know you are single and it’s the holidays but when you lie down tonight and count your blessings being single just might be one of them. You could have ended up in some sad relationships, some jacked up marriages and don’t lie to yourself talking about you would rather have that than to be alone…no piece of “tail” is worth a peace of mind. Some say it’s better to have a “piece of a man/woman than to be alone” but I hardly ever want a piece of anything! So don’t exchange your PEACE for a PIECE. Sleep in heavenly peace…
Saturday Morning Musings: Until you stop looking back in the PAST at your EX and what you two USE TO have, you will NEVER be able to uncover the JEWELS that God presents to you in the PRESENT. You’ll keep hurting other people. You’ll miss WHO YOU SHOULD HAVE pining away over WHO YOU USE TO HAVE. My advice: Let it burn. He or she is the past. Let there be no remnants of what use to be and let there now be new memories of what is with whomever you are with. And if you are not with anyone prepare your self to have no residue of him or her in your mind. Clean up for the NEW. Let it burn. Let it fade. Celebrate the NEXT not your EX.
To whom much is given much is required-The Bible.
In a relationship, if I give you my time and heart then that is the “much that has be given”. You are absolutely right much will be required from you. Time is precious. You cannot get time back. My heart is priceless so if I give that I expect much in return.
It’s too early in the morning for the day to start off on the wrong foot. It’s a great day because you are alive and well. However, you may have woke up late. Maybe you can’t find your other shoe. Perhaps, you are out off cream for your coffee after you have made your coffee. You forgot your presentation. Everyone is cutting you off in traffic and driving like they are under the influence of being late. The worker was rude. The parking attendant had an attitude. You say hello and people keep walking as if you are invisible. You can’t find your keys.
I left my phone at home and I couldn’t get back into my gate. I waited for about 30 minutes and no one came to the gate. I knew I would be late for an appointment.Finally, a woman pulls up and when she opens the gate she speeds past me and almost hits my car. (She’s a neighbor I have let in the gate several times). It’s just one of those mornings but, it doesn’t have to be one of those days. I felt my temper rising, my mood changing and I silently said to my Higher Power: “God, handle my lightweight”.
I know we think we are here to serve God but, God is also here to help us in our weak moments. These little foxes that are trying to spoil your vine (your day) may be plentiful. You can’t address every small thing that appears to be big when they are happening back to back. Your lightweight issues can pile up and you need not go on a rampage. You need not respond as a raging lion to an ant of a problem. Just ask God or your Source to handle your lightweight. Angels will be dispersed.
Before my diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis at this young age, I never was very fond of chronic complainers. There is nothing like trying to enjoy a meal at a restaurant, an outing with friends, a family gathering only to hear a complaint after complaint after complaint.
Nothing zaps your energy faster than being bombarded with an earful of complaints. I think you may even find yourself hurting more after a positive event with a cloud of negativity surrounding it. I often excuse myself early or move to another room (or outside for quietness and fresh air) if I can. I have been trapped in a car or an outing with a complainer and it is no fun. By the time I get home I am drained. In a situation like this I can only run (in my mind) to the front door and lay in bed. I try to watch something on television or read a book/magazine or “Pinterest”my way back to happy. 🙂
The point is you have to detox from complainers and be vigilant about not being the chronic complainer because you can also increase your own pain.
There is a “Spoon Theory” used by those of us who have an autoimmune disease such as Lupus or Rheumatoid or Fibromyalgia. I will get to the relevancy of that shortly.
I woke up with much energy. I slept in a little. I went to the outlet mall in Mississippi which is only about a 25 minute drive from where I live. I went in one store with my daughter, my mother, and my sister. We left there and stopped for a late lunch on the way back. I dropped them off and came home. I felt my energy waning right after I left the outlet. I thought if I could get home and get some rest I would be fine to go to an event with my old classmates. I purchased tickets last week. I have had my dress and shoes and accessories planned for a week.
I came home but, I had to get back out because the dog (I am dog sitting for my brother-last minute) needed food. I came back home and I couldn’t relax. I know I needed to but, I just couldn’t. I asked myself, what the hell happened to all of my energy? I only went to the mall and back. Then I thought about the Spoons. I just started using this even though I have known about it for some time.
So where did my 12 spoons go?
- Two loads of laundry this morning and folded one= 1 spoon
- Breakfast-no spoons
- Clean up room (didn’t finish) = 5 spoons
- Get dressed=1 spoon
- Pick up sister and mom, drive to outlet=2 spoons
- Help daughter pick out clothes=1 spoons
- Drive home and drop off mom and sister=2 spoons Out of spoons at this point but, I have to do more
- Go back out get dog food=(-13)
- Fix a snack = (-14)
- Get dressed for bed (-15)
- Chic down!!!!
Well…there you have it. About tonight…
I didn’t mind or dislike washing my hair no more than any other person until I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. In the beginning it wasn’t so bad because I could still manage it well. Lately, it has become more of a dread not because of detangling the hair so much. It is because it is takes forever (hours) for me to all of the steps. I have to rest in between or comeback to the twisting/rolling/blow drying later. And even when I am doing that I must rest in between or risk pain, a flare up and soreness (soreness courtesy or Fibromyalgia) later.
However, today was the worst day and an eyeopener. I can’t hold the hose to wash my hair as long as I use to. This frustrated me to tears today. Wash and stop, wash and stop, wash and oh just yank the hose and beat the sink with it! Yeah…that did not solve the problem but, it relieved some frustration. (My deep yoga breaths and count to 10 went right out the window). So, after I gathered my calm I simply took my time. I am on a tight budget and going to the beauty shop is a luxury.
Sometimes, many times, it will be the little things that get you. Cry. Yell. And adjust. And get creative. And keep going. The victory is in the never giving up.
First, let me say I don’t generally use the term “baby mama” but here I used it to grab the attention of readers. This one is dedicated to the single fathers, divorced single fathers or however you became a single father is none of my business and this is a judgement free zone.
If you want to instantly decrease the drama of the child/children’s mother here is part one. Brace yourself:
- Stop sleeping with her. You are keeping a connection physically for you but, emotionally for her. If you are sleeping with her to see your kids or out of convenience I challenge you to grow up and find a better way to see your children such as petitioning the courts to get proper visitation rights and not giving up or giving excuses. If you are sleeping with her to keep her from sleeping with another man, I suggest you get over her and focus on your children.
- Stop leading her on. Maybe we will get back together next year, in the future, in out of space. Your leading her on is an indication you are still tied to her. I thought you said you were over her? Not.
- Stop parading a slew of women in her face. Why are you doing this anyway? Is that not petty? Another indication you are trying to hurt her for hurting you. It’s called spite. If you have a new woman say so or don’t say so. If you are now married then establish the line and make it all about your children.
- Put your child or children first but, let her know you are not the babysitter you are the father who does not mind watching your child/children on the days you are not scheduled. She doesn’t get to interrupt your plans for her plans every weekend so she can hit the club or the Quan ( a new dance craze). The moment you say no she has a problem but the moment you need to rearrange it’s a problem. Tell her if you have to be flexible then so does she and mean it. Either it’s going to be rigid or flexible with both parents.
Digest this and Part 2 will come later. My book Healing the Single Mother is available on amazon.com
Wealth and riches shall be in my house.
Everything I lay my hand to succeeds and prospers
I prosper, my health prospers, my relationship prospers
The more I give the more is given to me
The more I love the more I am loved
My loyalty is returned 100 fold